How do I register a property tax bill to My ServiceOttawa account?
- Navigate to www.ottawa.ca.
- Select Login/Register from either the top right hand corner of your screen or from the ServiceOttawa blue box off the Ottawa.ca home page.
- Select Register.
- Log in to My ServiceOttawa.
- Select Services from the left menu, then Property tax.
- Select Register a property tax bill.
- Enter or confirm your personal information and Select the box to Consent the sharing of your information with the property tax service.
- Enter the roll number with or without dots in the Roll Number field.
- Enter the access code found on your property tax bill and select Next step.
- Confirm the account information is correct and select Complete Registration. If the account information is incorrect, Select no and select complete registration to return to the previous screen to re-enter the information.
- The account is now registered.
- To register another property tax account, repeat steps 6 to 10. Your consent will only be required once.
What if I do not have the access code for my property tax account?
If you do not have the access code when attempting to add your property tax account to My ServiceOttawa contact revenue branch at 613-580-2444. Please note that account details can only be given to a registered account holder as per the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection to Privacy Act.
Why is my property tax roll number not working?
Be sure that you are entering the correct roll number located in the top right corner of your property tax bill. Enter the 19 digit roll number without any spaces in the Roll Number field.
Will I still receive a paper copy of my property tax bill after I register with My ServiceOttawa?
Yes, you will be mailed a property tax bill unless you have enrolled to have electronic bills issued through epost. See epost for information regarding this service.
Will I be notified through My ServiceOttawa when I have a bill due?
No notification is sent through My ServiceOttawa when a property tax bill is made available or becomes due. My ServiceOttawa homepage however will capture registered bill amounts, due date and current balance. If more than one account is registered it will indicate when amount is due.
Clients can access a convenience bill which is made available in HTML format or PDF format 3 days after the bill is generated. You will still receive an original property tax bill through the mail or epost. See How to View and Print a Property tax bill
If I have questions regarding my property tax bill, who do I call?
For questions regarding your property tax bill, please visit the Property tax section at Ottawa.ca/Taxes , call City of Ottawa Tax and Property tax Customer Services at 613-580-2444. Please have your account number from your property tax bill available when calling.
The City of Ottawa hours of operations are: Weekdays, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (June to August, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.)