How to remove a Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) from a property tax bill account?
- Log in to My ServiceOttawa.
- Select Services from the left menu, then Property tax.
- Select View from Registered accounts.
- Select Manage pre-authorized debit.
- Confirm the correct property tax account was selected.
- Select Cancel PAD plan button.
- Select an “Effective date” at least 9 days in the future.
- Select the box “Cancel PAD plan”.
- Select Submit request button.
- You will receive a confirmation notice advising your request has been submitted. You may verify your request has been completed by logging into your My SO account after your selected effective date.
Note: Cancelling your PAD plan will terminate the automated payment of your tax bill. Any outstanding property tax balance becomes due and payable on the regular due date. Outstanding taxes are subject to penalty and interest of 1.25% added the 1st day of default and the 1st day of every month thereafter.
Can I cancel my PAD at any time?
You can submit a cancellation request at any time; please note that revenue branch requires 9 days to process your cancellation request through My ServiceOttawa. If you have a withdrawal scheduled within the 9 day period the withdrawal will be taken as scheduled. Revenue branch requires 30 days to process cancellation requests sent via fax, mail or email.
What happens to my PAD if I move?
If you are moving please send a written cancellation request to Revenue Branch by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (613-580-2457), mail (100 Constellation Dr. 4th floor, Ottawa, ON, K2G 6J8) or through your My ServiceOttawa account, see “How Do I Cancel My PAD” above. PAD plans are not transferrable from one account to another. If you require PAD set up at a new address see “How do I set up PAD for my property tax account” above.