How do I make an on-line payment?
- Log in to My ServiceOttawa.
- Select Services from the left menu then Water and sewer billing.
- Select View under registered account , this will display account details
- Select Pay online by payment card, this will re-routed you to the Paymentus website
- Once Paymentus site has launched, enter your 10 digit water and sewer account number
- Click Verify Service Address button
- Click Continueif address is correct
- Enter all required info (*)
- First name, Last name, phone #,
- Email address (x2)
- Select payment method from drop-down.
- Click Continue
- Enter card information – card type, card number, card security #, expiration date, cardholder name, payment amount (example 100.00)
- Click Continue
- Verify information entered
- Agree to service charge (check box)
- Agree to terms and conditions (check box)
- Click Make Payment
Note: A confirmation screen with a reference number will confirm the online payment card payment is submitted. Client will also receive an email confirming the transaction email. Client can;
- Make another payment,
- Print the page
- Close the window and return to My ServiceOttawa,
- Return to Ottawa.ca
How will my transaction be confirmed?
When using your credit card or Visa Debit, you will receive an on-screen confirmation number. You will also receive an email receipt which will include the service fee from the third party provider, Paymentus Corporation.
When using Interac Online, your payment will be confirmed through your financial institution's website.
How do I know my payment information is secure with Paymentus?
When paying online, you can verify the security of the third party, Paymentus, by viewing the bottom right hand corner of the Paymentus screen where you will see an icon displaying a lock and indicating the site is secured by ‘thawte’, Paymentus encryption security provider.
How will the payment be displayed on my credit card or Visa Debit?
Your statement will have two entries. One will be for the payment to the City of Ottawa and the other will be your service fee payment to Paymentus Corporation.
What if I’m experiencing difficulties processing my water and sewer bill payment?
- For technical help with online payment, please contact the Paymentus Call Centre: 1-866-577-5195
- Or email Paymentus customer care at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For technical help in My ServiceOttawa, please have client orsubmit technical issue for client online by selecting Feedback button.