How do I create a My ServiceOttawa Account?
- Select 'Create an account'.
- Provide an email address as your username and create a password. Confirm both by entering them twice.
- The email address entered must be a valid email address.
- Be sure to enter the information correctly when confirming your email and password or you will receive an error message.
- The password must meet the following criteria:
- Length of at least 8 characters, maximum of 25.
- Must contain at least a number
- Must contain uppercase and lowercase letters
- You must accept the Terms of Service in order to complete your account registration. Note: The 'Create account' button is disabled until user checks the terms/conditions agreement checkbox.
- Select 'Create account'– An activation email will be sent to the email address you provided as your username.
- Retrieve the activation email and select the activation link.
Tip: The activation link is only valid for 48 hours, after which it will provide an error message stating it has expired; once it has expired you will need to repeat steps above.
- You will need to enter your password again after selecting the activation link and select the 'Activate account' button.
- You are now on the 'Profile' page where you may enter profile information if you wish to do so. Entering personal information is optional but recommended; it allows you to benefit from some of the services within My ServiceOttawa.